Mon parcours formation métiers (my career training paths)
The Région Occitanie created a decision-making tool Mon Parcours Formation Métiers. It is aimed at all citizens who wish to find a job matching their skills and the employer needs in their territories. It also makes it possible to offer them the additional training necessary to access these jobs. Mon Parcours Formation Métiers uses big data and artificial intelligence to analyse the large and heterogeneous amount of job/training data available on skills needed by employers and citizens in order to offer the perfect jobs and adapt the training accordingly.
When the user is connected, a path in four stages is offered to him/her:
- They first create their profile by answering four simple questions (either orally or in writing) on their experience, competencies and skills and on what they like or would like to do. They also have the possibility to import documents (CV, skills assessments, etc.) and to express their organizational or physical constraints. Then, Artificial Intelligence analyses this data and detects the user's skills.
- Then, they prioritize the skills offered by keeping only those they want to exploit in their new job. They can also add as many as they want by accessing a repository of more than 5000 skills.
- Artificial Intelligence will then analyse all the job offers published. On the territory the applicant selected, the application will propose the 10 professions matching the employer’s selection that are the closest to the users.
- For each of the proposed professions, the user can consult an explanatory sheet on the profession, the 10 skills most requested by employers and add them to their profile if they hold them, which will allow them to have new and better targeted proposals.
- They also have access to the state of the labour market for this occupation during the last year and a link to current job offers.
- The last step enables the user to discover all the associated training courses, their contents, their durations and dates of sessions as well as the contact details of the training organization.
The user will then be able to measure the missing skills needed to become employable in the chosen trades and consider the additional training necessary to access these jobs. Mon Parcours Formation Métiers has been developed to adapt to different types of media (smartphone, tablet, computer). It can be used independently or with the help of a coach, integration or guidance counsellor whose list and contact details are also available on the tool.
Problem or opportunity
In Occitanie, the number of unfilled job offers remains high, as does the number of job seekers. The initial idea was not only to enable jobseekers to acquire the complementary skills necessary to meet employers' expectations but also to open up the field of opportunities for them on professions they would not have thought of and for which they hold a large part of the expected skills. In addition, one of the keys to reducing the number of unfilled job offers is to adapt the workforce to the needs of the market. This is done by offering training that meets the needs of corporations to allow employers to have trained and competent candidates.
- A tool was therefore needed that could:
- Gather and analyse the skills needs of employers by territory and by profession,
- Propose adjustments for the training program of the Région Occitanie according to these needs,
- Help people looking for work or wishing to retrain to find a job related to their skills and/or to follow additional training to increase their chances of employability.
Mon Parcours Formation Métiers provides concrete help to job seekers by offering them actual jobs matching the profiles the employers are searching for and as close as possible to their home. It is an easy-to-use, free tool, accessible to anyone and anywhere. It centralizes the essential information to have during a job search, answers a large number of questions and avoids getting lost in the multitude of existing sites:
- What are my skills to value?
- What jobs can I do?
- Do these professions recruit and under what conditions?
- Do these jobs exist near me? And if not, where?
- What is the current job offers and how to apply?
- What training can I do to acquire the necessary skills?
- When and where do these trainings take place?
- Who can I contact for information?
- Who can accompany me in the process?
We use python for all our algorithms and especially the fast API package for API exposure of results and the CamemBERT NLP (natural language processing) model for skill detection in our data sources. Our data is collected by SQL queries on a proprietary basis for training and on a csv extraction for job offers. Pôle emploi is our partner on this project, it provides us monthly with all the job offers published in Occitanie during the last two years. We also use their new Rome 4.0 repository for all skills and job titles. The content of the training offers comes from our regional training program. Also, the list of training courses offered comes from the Me formation en Occitanie site. They are available on an API developed especially for us. There are:
- 700,000 job offers published in Occitanie that are updated monthly
- 11,000 proposed trades grouped in 530 sets of trades
- An updated reference system of 5,000 skills
- A catalogue of 30,000 training courses